Robur GAHPs are environmentally friendly
- GAHPs use natural gas + renewable energies (1) for heating.
Using up to 40% of renewable energy (air, ground or water- source), GAHP technology is recognized by the RES Directive (to increase the share of renewable energy usage in the EU countries).
- With a GAHP, every year 4.2 Tons of CO2 emissions are saved (2), which are equivalent to those absorbed by 599 trees (3) or those produced by 2 green cars (4).
- A GAHP may save 1.6 Toe (Tons of oil equivalent) every year.
- With impact on global warming close to zero (GWP - Global Warming Potential - of less than 1), the GAHP technology is the best solution to the problem of global warming due to greenhouse gases.
- The GAHP technology is the best option to meet the objective of reducing energy consumption as required by the Kyoto Protocol.
Back to Reasons for a choice
(1) Assuming that the specific heating capacity is 38 kW with only 25.2 kW of power consumed thanks to the use of renewable energy.
(2) With GAHPs, 2.165 m3 of natural gas are saved every year (1 m3 of natural gas produces 1.94 Kg of CO2), assuming 1,000 hours of operation per year.
(3) 1,000 square meters of forest in the Ticino Natural Park absorb 500 kg of CO2 per year, assuming that one tree occupies 14 square meters. Source: LifeGate.
(4) Assuming that the average gasoline car covers 15,000 km per year and produces 140 g CO2 per km. Source: ACEA European Automobile Manufacturers Association.