Gas absorption heat pumps rebate in British Columbia
FortisBC, a Canadian-owned company based in British Columbia, has launched a new rebate to save energy, save money and reduce greenhouse gas emissions with high-efficiency gas absorption heat pumps.
Rebates of up to $35,000 are available for installing gas absorption heat pumps in commercial, multi-unit residential or institutional buildings. Get bonus rebates for creating a comprehensive system combined with smart controls and a high-efficiency boiler and/or water heater to optimize performance and efficiency.
What are the requirements to access the discount?
- You must be a FortisBC natural gas customer under any rate class except Rate 1.
- You must be a property owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing commercial or industrial building.
- The gas absorption heat pump must be installed for a retrofit application.
- The building must have dedicated outdoor space (ground level or rooftop) to house the gas absorption heat pump unit(s).
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice) or installation date (as listed on the application form), whichever is first.
How to apply
- Work with the engineering consultant of your choice to develop a feasibility study proposal for a gas absorption heat pump for your building or facility, including the information outlined above, and submit the proposal to FortisBC. We’ll review it, and if approved, you may proceed with the full feasibility study.
- Submit the completed feasibility study and the paid invoice from your consultant to FortisBC to receive feasibility study funding.
- Before you buy a gas absorption heat pump, ensure it is eligible for the rebate. If you have questions, contact us before purchasing and installing equipment.
- Have a gas or mechanical contractor licensed with Technical Safety BC install your heat pump system. You can find one through our Trade Ally Network.
- Complete a gas absorption heat pump rebate application within 365 days of the purchase date (as shown on the paid invoice) or installation date (as listed on the application form), whichever is first. Be sure to provide copies of the fully paid invoice including make and model number of the eligible heat pump(s) purchased and installed.
|For more information please contact
our partner JSA Sales Inc. or FortisBC