GAHP Best Practices Guide launch event
FortisBC and CLEAResult Canada, a leading energy program provider in North America, are pleased to announce the Gas Absorption Heat Pump (GAHP) Best Practices Guide and Training Program to support the broader adoption of this important, proven technology. GAHPs can help reduce energy and greenhouse gases for institutional, commercial and industrial customers across British Columbia and Canada.
Gas Absorption Heat Pumps Best Practices Guide & Training Program Launch
FortisBC is making bold strides to support solutions that have a positive impact on reducing energy and carbon emissions utilizing commercially available equipment. Robur was a guest at two events on May 16th in Vancouver and 18th in Kelowna, attended by more than 200 engineers who get the latest developments from the FortisBC team and guests. The event focused on the Best Practices Guide’s approach to successfully implementing a GAHP strategy that aligns with unique business/facility requirements.
During the events the engineers:
- learned about the GAHP technology- why it has a place in facility’s sustainability strategy;
- had a thorough understanding of funding for studies and project rebates offered by FortisBC;
- knew about the latest developments for energy solutions from FortisBC and other industry leaders;
- discussed what are the best applications for GAHP projects, and why;
- networked with GAHP manufacturers and energy consultants to learn about their experiences of successfully delivering GAHP projects in BC;
- were involved in a contractor-centric approach: what to look for and how to bid successfully for GAHP projects;
- talked with vendors of supporting technologies at the tradeshow area.