Oil boiler replacement in a farmhouse in the province of Pavia
Relais Tenuta Il Cigno
The Relais Tenuta Il Cigno, located in Villanterio, in the countryside of Pavia famous for the cultivation of rice, just 25 km south of Milan, is a charming farmhouse surrounded by greenery.
In addition to the presence of the elegant rooms located in the historic manor house and the 4 new apartments, ideal for those who want a warm but reserved welcome, the Relais Tenuta Il Cigno is characterized by the possibility of staying at the exclusive Tree House, a entirely wooden house built on an imposing oak tree at a height of more than 5 meters from the ground.
The house, surrounded by the canopies of an ancient oak and suspended on the paddocks of the horses, is equipped with every comfort and allows guests to make a very special and romantic stay, also thanks to the outdoor wooden whirlpool tub.
Renovated in 2017, the farmhouse needed to replace the old oil boiler with a more modern system. The optimal choice was the installation of Robur reversible gas absorption heat pumps GAHP-AR.
This innovative choice, whose installation did not require the redevelopment and compliance of the previous thermal power plant, consists of two pre-assembled groups for external installation for a total of 4 reversible gas absorption heat pumps GAHP-AR and 2 condensing boilers AY, with LPG supply, capable of supplying thermal energy, cooling energy and energy for sanitary water.
These machines have high efficiency, with very low consumption and fully meet the needs of air conditioning and the production of domestic hot water for the accommodation facility and the SPA and Wellness Center services.
Giuseppe Savoia - Thermotechnical Designer
The internal terminals are made up of radiant ceiling panels, the control system provides a remote control unit located in the reception, which allows you to adjust the temperature of each room, in summer or in winter according to customer needs, without the need for any type of specific management by the staff of the structure.
To date, the great satisfaction of the end customer for this type of plant, leads us to implement a further expansion as the structure has grown. The modular system of the ROBUR solution allows us to very easily integrate additional components into the system in order to implement both the heating power and the cooling power.
Mattia Bernardoni - Bernardoni Impianti Srl – Installer
The choice of the ROBUR solution was therefore dictated by several factors:
- a single interlocutor also at the maintenance level for all services requested by the structure (heating, air conditioning and domestic hot water production);
- high efficiency of Robur units with savings on annual operating costs;
- access to the incentives of the Thermal Energy Account for the redevelopment of the heating system;
- possibility of a simple and easy implementation for extensions based on new needs of the structure;
- no need for the redevelopment of the former oil fired thermal power plant (now used as a technical room where the inertial storage and the storage of domestic hot water are located) also for the purposes of the requirements set out for the mandatory Fire Prevention Certificate;
- possibility of simple conversion of the units from LPG to natural gas (if in the future the structure can access the natural gas distribution network);
- integration with the distribution system desired by the client (radiant ceiling panels);
- solution in line with the highly ecological footprint that characterizes the entire structure of the Relais Tenuta Il Cigno.
The intervention benefited from the Thermal Account, and therefore my client felt reassured from an economic point of view and certainly reassured from the point of view of energy well-being.
Giuseppe Savoia - Thermotechnical Designer
In terms of ecological footprint, we can say that the 4 reversible GAHP-AR gas absorption heat pumps installed allow EVERY YEAR at Relais Tenuta Il Cigno to:
- use 42,114 kWh of renewable energy;
- avoid the production of 40.2 kg of NOx;
- eliminate the emissions of 45 cars;
- avoid the emission of 14.5 tons of CO2, which is equivalent to having planted 2,078 trees;
- save 6.6 TOE of fuel, corresponding to 8,068 m3 of natural gas.