Dedicated to the European stakeholders in energy sector, the Conference “Heating and Cooling in the European energy Transition” organized by the European Commission on 26th and 27th February in Brussels. The conference has comprehensively explored the heating and cooling sector, including its role in achieving the EU's climate and energy objectives. It has started a debate and built consensus on how to ensure full participation of the heating and cooling sector – which accounts for half of the EU's energy consumption - in the energy transition. It has represented the opportunity to discuss with European and national policy makers, representatives from industry, businesses and consumers' representative bodies, professional organisations, NGOs, local and national authorities, academia, research institutions and relevant international organisations, on the issues facing the heating and cooling sector. The absorption heat pumps powered by gas and renewable energy sources Robur GAHP -Gas Absorption Heat Pump- been introduced as one of the driver of the heating and cooling transition. The benefits of the absorption technology are:
- Cost effective solution to integrate renewable energy in in existing or retrofitted buildings;
- Reduction of the heating costs.
Planners and Installers
- Compatibility with existing gas distribution grid;
- Upgrades to the grids are not required;
- Energy dependency reduction from extra EC countries;
- European based R&D and Manufacturing.
- Cost effective way to achieve high percentage of renewable energy;
- Possibility to offer a unique heating system to the customers.