Electricity use reduced to one eighth for the same cooling capacity for the haute cuisine academy
Boscolo Etoilé Academy
Boscolo Etoile Academy is a haute cuisine school aimed at amateurs and professionals.
The new hotel structure with the adjoining academy of haute cuisine is part of a thirteenth-century monastery, the ancient complex of San Francesco in Tuscania.
The Robur air conditioning solution, fully responding to the property's environmental vocation, thanks to an average seasonal efficiency of 136%, allows for significant energy savings compared to a traditional solution.
A vocation to hospitality in the Italian lifestyle distinguishes the Boscolo Group in Europe, which manages the management of 21 4 and 5-star hotels in the most important cities.
The group stands out for the quality and variety of services offered, aimed at elite customer groups, able to appreciate hospitality that is as attentive as it is refined and who share an appreciation for haute cuisine. This is a culture that has been expressed for over 15 years in the Boscolo Etoile Academy. It is a haute cuisine school aimed at
amateurs and professionals, who carries out an appreciated didactic work.
The new hotel structure with the adjoining academy of haute cuisine in Tuscania (VT) is part of a thirteenth-century monastery, the ancient complex of San Francesco.
The structure was born with special attention to the natural environment to meet the expectations of a tourism sensitive to these characteristics.
A solution was chosen for the building with:
- reversible absorption heat pumps running on natural gas + renewable aerothermal energy, GAHP-AR;
- gas absorption chillers, GA ACF;
- gas absorption heat-chillers with heat recovery, GA ACF HR;
- integration condensing boilers, AY Condensing,
all produced by Robur.
This solution responds both to respond to the property's environmental vocation and to the need to raise the energy class of the building.
In addition to this, the choice would have made it possible to significantly limit the installed electrical power and therefore to contain the fixed amount paid by the user to the energy distribution company.
The plants built for the two areas confirmed a series of strengths of an environmental, energy and management nature, typical of absorption systems:
- with the same cooling capacity delivered, the absorption system requires an electrical power commitment of just 1/8 compared to what is required for a compression cooling unit of similar power. This means an equally reduced fixed quota and the ability of the energy distributor to respond to other users for which there is no alternative to the use of electricity.
- The high energy efficiency of the system has made it possible to reach average seasonal efficiency values of 136% and maximum values of 141% in the heating season in relation to a hot water delivery temperature of 50 ° C.
- The installed system uses an average value of 31.8% of renewable energy.
- This system resulted in a cost saving for air conditioning and hot water production, compared to other types of traditional systems, of 29% - around 6,410 euros / year.
- The system also allows an energy class jump of 1, for the purposes of building energy certification.
- The solution adopted for the Boscolo Etoile Academy makes it possible to reduce CO2 emissions in the environment by approximately 10.7 tons each year.
- The solution adopted is also a winning solution for the savings on primary energy consumption, in fact it allows annual savings of 3.4 TOE (Tons of Oil Equivalent).